An accident can strike in an instant.
Maybe you were walking into a restaurant when you slipped and fell on a wet floor, or you could have been backing out of the post office when someone slammed into you.
However, the accident happened; you now face significant medical bills and the prospect of lost income, especially if your injuries are serious.
Fortunately, a personal injury lawyer in Kennewick, Washington, can help. At Kapuza Lighty, PLLC, our attorneys have assisted many people in getting the compensation they need so they can bounce back from an accident that was not their fault.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We have built our reputation tackling some of the hardest cases in the Tri-Cities area involving:
- Car accidents. We have handled rear-end collisions, T-bone accidents, and head-on collisions, among others.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists can suffer devastating injuries when hit by other motor vehicles.
- Trucking accidents. Large commercial vehicles can injure motorists in override, underrides, rollovers, and other accidents.
- Dog bites. The dog owner is responsible when their dog bites a person without provocation.
- Slip and fall. Our clients have slipped or tripped in businesses, on private property, and in public spaces.
- Defective products. Products should work as you expect them to. If a product ends up injuring you, it could be defective in design or manufacture, or it could be missing adequate safety warnings or instructions.
- Nursing home injuries. Neglect and abuse are far too common in Washington’s nursing homes. Residents can suffer weight loss, illness, infection, and physical injuries that warrant compensation when the nursing home staff has been negligent or abusive.
Each case is unique, and we don’t use “one size fits all” approaches to our cases. Instead, we build up a case based on the particular circumstances that surround the accident and your injuries.
Kennewick Accident Statistics
According to the Washington State Department of Transportation crash data portal, there were more than 1,100 crashes in Kennewick during 2019.
More than 20% of those accidents had at least one injury, 20 of which were severe. Most accidents occurred on the Lewis and Clark Trail Highway between W 27th Avenue and Lewis Street.
However, not all of these accidents strictly involve only cars. During 2019, there were 24 motorcycle accidents and 52 truck accidents in Kennewick. Both categories make up more than 5% of all accidents in Kennewick.
In addition, negligence plays a significant role in crashes that occur in Kennewick. In 2019, there were 75 crashes involving a distracted driver and 50 crashes involving alcohol impairment. These high-risk accidents make up around 10% of all accidents in Kennewick.
Pedestrian accidents are the least likely accident to occur in Kennewick. During 2019, there were only 11 pedestrian accidents.
However, they carry the highest percentage of injuries, with more than 90% of accidents resulting in an injury or fatality.
While accidents involving injury are commonplace in Kennewick, our personal injury attorneys are there to help. At Kapuza Lighty, our personal injury lawyers in Kennewick, Washington, work exclusively with victims of accidents like these.
If you suffer injuries in an accident, a personal injury lawyer in Kennewick, Washington, can help build your case.
How a Personal injury lawyer in Kennewick, Washington Can Help
The team at Kapuza Lighty can help you obtain compensation for your injuries by gathering the evidence necessary to prove that someone is legally responsible for your injuries.
We can also help you document your injuries so that you receive the maximum compensation available under the law.
A personal injury attorney in Kennewick, Washington can:
- Meet with you to discuss how you were injured.
- Review any police report or defective product.
- Interview witnesses who saw you get injured.
- Gather medical records and other evidence that shows the severity of your injuries.
- Handle all communications with insurance companies so you can focus on your recovery.
- Negotiate a settlement.
Many accident victims, unfortunately, do not think they can afford a personal injury attorney, but the reality is that they can’t afford not to hire a lawyer.
Without an attorney, you will be left to negotiate the terms of a settlement on your own. Don’t expect the insurance company to make a fair settlement offer.
Many unwary victims sign away their right to compensation because they cannot adequately assess how much their injuries are worth.
In addition to medical bills and lost wages, you can also receive money for pain and suffering and emotional distress. Too many victims underestimate the value of these “non-economic” losses, so they settle for an inadequate sum of money.
Remember, once you agree to a settlement, you won’t get another chance to ask the defendant for more compensation.
What to Look for When Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
There are thousands of lawyers in Washington. How do you know which one is right for you? Here are some tips:
- Look for an attorney who focuses on personal injury law. Someone whose practice is mostly divorce or criminal matters might not have the experience you need.
- Expect professionalism. A lawyer should have a professional-looking website that contains helpful information.
- Meet for an initial consultation. You can ask the lawyer any questions you want and get his or her perspective on your case. Meeting with a personal injury lawyer is a good way to get a feel for the lawyer’s communication style and knowledge of this area of law.
Also, ask the attorney about how he charges fees. You should feel comfortable with the fee agreement before agreeing to sign on with an attorney.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in the Tri-Cities Area
Accidents happen, but there are things you can do to bounce back stronger than before. At Kapuza Lighty, PLLC, we practice exclusively in personal injury law, and we have a long list of satisfied clients.
To find out more, please contact one of our attorneys to schedule your free case evaluation. You have nothing to lose.